Phew! Yesterday was the start of the official start of the “summer season, ” and Mother Nature is definitely getting into the spirit of things. The high today was around 92 degrees here in NYC, and at 6:00 pm in the evening it’s still about 89 degrees.
So, instead of my usual egg cream I decided to opt for something even more refreshing: a Light Chocolate Milkshake.
What is a LIGHT milkshake you ask? It is the perfect drink for a hot hot day.
With only three ingredients: Milk, Chocolate Syrup, Ice , this easy recipe will cool you down from the inside out. And, since you are using ice instead of ice cream, this kid-friendly recipe is also relatively low fat. AND you can make it even if you don’t keep ice cream in the house. It’s the perfect vegetarian recipe for a hot afternoon or summer dessert.
Try it and you’ll agree, it’s just what summer needs more of!
Light Chocolate Milkshake Recipe:
- Milk (a little more than half a glass full)
- Chocolate syrup (You can substitute vanilla syrup, strawberry syrup, etc… as suits your palate)
- Ice cubes
Equipment: – Blender
- Fill a glass a little more than half full of milk
- Add about twice as much chocolate syrup as you would normally use if you were going to turn that same amount of milk into chocolate milk and stir
- Add enough ice cubes to raise the level of the glass to three quarters full
- Pour chocolate milk and ice into the blender
- Put lid on the blender and blend until you no longer hear the ice cubes clattering around
- Carefully pour into a glass (to avoid overflow)
Serve with a bendy straw :)